Saturday, July 19, 2008

Apgujeong - Korean Resto

One of my guilty pleasures is food. I love Korean food... or make that Dolsot Bibimbap. It is a rice topping dish that is served in a hot stone pot. I am slowly trying out all the Korean restos in town and each and every time I drop by a new place, I always check out their bibimbap.

This is the resto in SM City Cebu, Apgujeong.


Here is the dolsot bibimbap (I always forget taking a photo before mixing it all up), P260 :

Tastewise, it was so-so. The meat included was tender and I was surprised that they mixed in dried seaweed flakes (which I looove to eat). It came with 2 appetizers, non-refillable which is unlike all Korean restos I have been to which serve 6 appetizers and all are refillable. The kimchi they served I believe wasn't properly pickled and the egg appetizer was all rubbery and cold (seemed like stale ones).

And here is the Bulgogi bento, P165 :


This yellowy sheet at the bottom left is the rubbery egg I mentioned.

I don't think I will go back to this Korean resto since although the taste is okay, the value for money is not that much. I would prefer going to Yu Hee Jeon or the other Korean resto whose name I forgot.

No comments: